We want to just wish all our readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! It's been quite an incredible year for us:
- Officially, we added two children to our family with Nora being born on June 5 and Sean being adopted on July 17
- We published our first book on marriage and relationships in February: 99 Thoughts on Marriage and Ministry with Simply Youth Ministry
- We moved in March to a bigger home to accommodate our growing family
- Melissa published her first Novel at the end of the summer: The War Inside which has been getting rave reviews and one professional reviewer claimed it was "easily as good as The Hunger Games"
- Jake helped design, launch and implement a new Student Leader training event for New England called Equip in early September with the help of Monadnock Bible Conference.
- We joined the mini-van club (kinda...it's a mini-mini-van) buying a Mazda5 in October
- Melissa signed her first book deal with Astrea Press for a novel tentatively titled Dreamcatchers that will come out sometime in 2014
- We ran the second Youth Ministry and Marriage Retreat in Atlanta, GA in mid-November and had the amazing privilege of being hosted for FREE by WinShape Retreats, a retreat center of Chick-fil-A
And this is all on top of Jake's full time job as Youth Pastor at Grace Community Church, Sean's second year of life (he turns 2 on January 18th) and pregnancy/Nora enjoying her first 6-months of life.
Just seeing this list makes us overjoyed at what God has done in our lives and families this past year. We are so thankful for all of the people who have blessed us and been through it all with us!
May you find many blessings for 2014 for you and your family!
Jake and Melissa